Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Dra. Rocio Gallego Sobrino(click +info)
- Specialist in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (Miguel Servet University Hospital of Zaragoza). Associate Doctor of the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Service of the Hospital Clínic de Barcelona.
Dra. Silvia Cuscó Albors(click +info)
Dr. Silvia Cuscó Albors holds a degree in Medicine and Surgery from the Autonomous University of Barcelona (2003) and a specialist in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (2009). Formed via MIR at the University Hospital of Bellvitge, where she currently works as an assistant physician. Collaborating professor in the Master of Medicine, Surgery and Oral Implantology of the University of Barcelona.
- Treats the pathology of the maxillofacial area, such as salivary gland surgery, facial trauma and sequelae, static surgery and facial paralysis dynamics, head and neck oncology surgery, orthognathic surgery and implantology
- He is a member of the Catalan-Balear Society of Maxillofacial and Oral Surgery (SCBCMO) and the Spanish Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (SECOM)
Dr. Josep Moran Guasch(click +info)
- Specialist in Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery (Santa Creu i Sant Pau Hospital, 2002)
- Specialist in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (Universitary Hospital Vall d’Hebron, 2008)
- Doctorate courses at the Department of Medicine of the Autonomous University of Barcelona
- Head of the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Unit of the Mataró University Hospital (Health Consortium of the Maresme)
- lecturer in the international course Basic Rhinoplasty Course open and closed techniques “How to do it”. University Hospital Vall d’Hebron (December 2005). Associated with the teaching program of the European Association of Cranio-Maxillofacial Surgery
- Course organizer: Therapeutic update in the management of the inflammatory and obstructive pathology of the salivary glands. Official College of Dentists and Stomatologists of Catalonia, Barcelona 11 June 2010
- Speaker at the First Symposium on Temporomandibular Dysfunction and Orofacial Pain analyzed from an integral point of view. Realized by the Catalan Society of Odontoestomatology, in Barcelona the 28 of May of 2016
The double specialty (Otorhinolaryngology and Maxillofacial Surgery) empowers Dr. Moran in the following areas of work:
- Medical and surgical treatment of the oral cavity, including dental implants and tissue regeneration
- Oncological surgery on the head and neck, covering the reconstruction of the maxillofacial area
- Treatment of craniofacial trauma
- Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome (OSAS) surgery
- Orthognathic and facial orthopedic surgery
- Specialist in ENDOSCOPIC treatment of diseases of the salivary glands and nasosinusal cavities
- Treatment of temporomandibular joint disorders
- Plastic cosmetic (cosmetic) facial surgery
Dra. Marta Gaseni Giné (Occlusal Therapy)(click +info)
- Graduated in Medicine and Surgery from the UAB (1991)
- Degree in Dentistry from the University of Barcelona (1995)
- Dental Technician
- Associate Professor of Conservative Dentistry of the UB
- Collegiate nº 28855 of the Official College of Physicians of Barcelona
- Collegiate nº 2597 of the Official College of Odontoestomatologists of Catalonia
OPTIMAL ADJUSTMENT WITH TEKSCAN®
Dental occlusion refers to the way your teeth touch when you close your mouth. Ideally, all your teeth should contact at the same time and receiving the same strength. When this does not occur, its occlusion is considered altered and can cause different ailments. The main pathologies secondary to poor occlusion may be; among others: Dental, muscular or joint pain of the jaw. Headaches, cervical contractures. Fractured teeth, dental mobility. Receding gums. Dental sensitivity.
The TEKSCAN® system allows us to assess its occlusion easily, quickly and painlessly. Simply bite a sensor connected to a computer program that will analyze your occlusal contacts and the strength that each of your teeth receive. If these contacts are altered, an appropriate adjustment must be made, with a slight touch of the teeth responsible for the poor distribution of dental charges.
EXCLUSIVE OR UNLOADING STALLS
Used in the treatment of temporomandibular joint dysfunction. They are removable, usually rigid splints (made with self resins or thermo-polymerizable), which fit on the surface of the teeth and one of the jaws, preferably superior and that are retouched by establishing a certain occlusal scheme, having a restorative, relaxing and beneficial effect for the patient, since they considerably improve the muscular pains of the TMJ, the head and the neck, diminish the articular sounds, diminishes the bruxism and therefore, improve the mandibular movements.
MANDIBULAR BREATHING PILLS
They are indicated for the treatment of a respiratory obstruction disorder in the upper respiratory tract, usually at the level of the oropharynx, which may cause chronic asphyxia. This disorder can be serious and more frequent than is believed. Apnea and even its most serious consequence, sleep apnea syndrome, is lack of breathing which can lead to serious problems and even death. Patients who present with this syndrome (OSAHS) can have up to 30 apneas or lack of breaths per hour during sleep and usually these pauses are accompanied by snoring (although not all those who snore suffer from the disease). Many times this feeling of suffocation awakens the person. There are many treatments ranging from postural changes during sleep (sleeping on the side), medical therapies (CPAP) and even ORL or maxillofacial surgical treatments; however, it has been shown that intraoral appliances with various mandibular advancement devices are beneficial to the patient and are well accepted. They are especially indicated in cases of patients who are snoring or who are diagnosed of mild or moderate obstructive apnea. The study of the case by a qualified professional will determine whether it can be beneficial or not. Periodic controls are required in patients with this type of splint.
Dra. Elena Rodríguez Navarro (Orthodontics)(click +info)
- Graduated in Dentistry by the Internacional University of Catalunya (2005)
- Official master in advanced orthodontics by the European University of Madrid (2011)
- Diploma of specialist in Orthodontics and Orthognathic Surgery by the UIC
- Diploma of specialist in 3D Diagnosis and treatment of dentofacial anomalies by Orthomax Center
- Specialist in adult patients with multifactorial pathology (TMJ problems, obstructive sleep apnea syndrome)
- Certified and specialist in Invisalign (invisible orthodontics)
- Certified and specialist in lingual orthodontic system Incognito and Win system
- Use of 3D digital orthodontics with the Insignia system
- Member of the European Society of Orthodontics
- Collegiate in the COEC number 4631
We are currently treating all of our patients who require combined orthodontic and orthognathic surgery with an initial planning of the case in 3D.
The 3D study of the case consists in introducing the obtained data from the patient records into a sophisticated software, through which we will simulate:
- Dental movements prior to surgery (preoperative orthodontics)
- Approximate surgical movements after the orthodontic phase (orthognathic surgery)
Thanks to this advanced methodology we can predict how they will evolve and complete the cases, in addition to avoid possible complications associated with this type of treatment.
Dr. Leandro Gutman (ATM Physiotherapy)(click +info)
- Degree in Kinesiology and Physiatry from the University of Buenos Aires
- Postgraduate in Functional Anatomy and Postural Correction Techniques (University of Buenos Aires)
- Specialist in the treatment of disorders of TMJ (Temporal Mandibular Joint)
- Specialized in Manual Therapy (Maitland Concept)
- Former lecturer at the University of Buenos Aires
- Member of the Neuromusculoskeletal Commission of the College of Physiotherapists of Catalonia
- Postgraduate Professor in physiotherapeutic approach in temporomandibular disorders
- Teacher seminar on Cervical Stabilization (College of Physiotherapists of Catalonia)
Dr. Cristian Justribo Manion (Osteopathy)(click +info)
- 2012 – 2015: MASTER OF OSTEOPATHY, School of Osteopathy of Barcelona EOB (University Pompeu Fabra)
- 2005 – 2008: DIPLOMA IN PHYSIOTHERAPY, Blanquerna (Universidad Ramón Llull) in Barcelona
- 2002: SUPERIOR TECHNICIAN IN ORTHOPROTHESIS, Ramón y Cajal School, Barcelona
- COURSE: OSTEOPATHIC APPROACH TO MANDIBULAR TEMPORAL DYSFUNCTION, EOB. 2017
- POSTGRADUATE: NEUROBIOLOGY OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE AUTONOMOUS NERVOUS SYSTEM, INTEROCEPTION AND PAIN, EOC. 2017
- POSTGRADUATE: NEURODYNAMICS, EOB. 2016
- POSTGRADUATE: GYNECOLOGICAL OSTEOPATHY AND PELVIC PAIN, EOB 2016
- POSTGRADUATE: VERTIGINOSOUS SYNDROME, EOB. 2016
- TALK: PEDIATRIC OSTEOPATHY, EOB. 2015
- TALK: PEDIATRIC OTITIS, EOB. 2015
- COURSE: KINESIOTAPING-TAPING, Ramón Llull University- Blanquerna. 2010
- POSTGRADUATE: MUSCLE CHAINS, Gimbernat University. 2009
- COURSE: FIRST AID, Ramón Llull University – Blanquerna. 2005
- COURSE: CHIROMASSAGE, Amacvi School. 2001
Josep María Charles (Acupuncture)(click +info)
– Graduated in Psychology. Universidad Autónoma of Madrid, 2004.
– Specialist in Clinical Psychology (PIR). Hospital Clinic of Barcelona, 2008.
– Postgraduate course in “Analysis and Management of Groups: Training in Skills”. University of Barcelona, 2010
– Doctor in Psychiatry Cum Laude. Universidad Autónoma of Barcelona, 2016
– Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) Trained Teacher. Bangor University, 2020
– Author of more than 20 research articles published in prestigious international journals, and of more than 70 papers and communications at national and international conferences.
– He currently works as a clinical psychologist at the Hospital del Mar, where he is responsible for the Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) program of the Institute of Neuropsychiatry and Addictions. He is an associate professor at the Faculty of Psychology at the Universidad Abat Oliba (UAO) and a clinical-teaching psychologist at the Support Clinic of the Faculty of Psychology at the Universidad Internacional of Catalunya (UIC).
Dra. Cristina López de San Román Fernández (Acupuncture)(click +info)
Col Number: 1653
- Diploma in Physiotherapy Ramón LLull University (Blanquerna), 92/96
- Master’s Degree in Energy Medicine and Acupuncture at the Nursing University Sant Joan de Deu, by UB 2010/2013
- Acupuntury 2014 Award for the best master’s degree project at the Nursing University School Sant Joan de Deu
- Craniocervical Biomechanics and Temporomandibular Pathophysiology. Dr Mariano Rocabado
- Formation in Analytical Physiotherapy based on the Sohier concept
- R.P.G (Global Postural Reeducation) Phillippe E. Souchard. Neuromotor Reassembly of Raquis I and II (E.U. Gimbernat)
- D.L.M. (Manual lymphatic drainage according to Leduc)
POST-SURGICAL PHYSIOTHERAPY AND ACUPUNCTURE
After surgery, physiotherapy and acupuncture play a key role in the patients recovery. On the one hand, they help to make it less painful, reducing postoperative discomfort, and on the other, it makes the whole process faster, making that the patient can recover his daily activities in less time.
CHINESE TRADITIONAL MEDICINE AND ACUPUNCTURE
It is a millenary medicine with different therapeutic methods in which we find acupuncture. First and foremost, it seeks to maintain or restore the person’s energy balance, either through the placement of acupuncture needles, the use of moxibustion by applying heat to different energetic points … Chinese herbal medicine and dietetics are also used.
- Joint pain, osteoarthritis, tendinitis, muscular contractures. Headache, migraines “Vertigo, sickness
- Digestive problems
- Insomnia, anxiety
- Menstrual disorders, diseases in pregnancy
- Dermatological problems
Anestesia y dolor
Dr. Ruben Díaz (click +info)
- Degree in medicine and surgery from the Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona (2011)
- Specialist in health sciences in Anesthesiology and Resuscitation at the Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau (2016)
- European Diploma in Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care (EDAIC) (2017)
- Master degree “Expert in Pain” from the University of Cadiz (2018)
- Book chapters Author:
- Osteoarticular pain: omlgia, coxalgia and gonalgia. Pain treatment manual. 3rd Edition. ISBN:978-84-9926-842-2
- Radiofrequency techniques in chronic pain. Pain treatment manual. 3rd Edition. ISBN:978-84-9926-842-2
- Pregabalin in neuropathic pain for the treatment of traumatic, post-surgical and compressive neuropathies. Pregabalin experience in pain units. ISBN: 978-84-09-11546-4
- Aliaga Award for the best communication. 5th and 7th Meeting for the approach of pain (2016, 2018). Catalan Pain Society.
- VII Fernando Vidal Award. Use of thromboelastometry (ROTEM) in the postoperative of major abdominal surgery for epidural catheters management in patients with impaired coagulation tests. (2020). Catalan Pain Society.
Tratamiento psicológico del dolor crónico
Dr. Miguel Garriz Vera (click +info)
- Graduated in Psychology. Universidad Autónoma of Madrid, 2004.
- Specialist in Clinical Psychology (PIR). Hospital Clinic of Barcelona, 2008.
- Postgraduate course in “Analysis and Management of Groups: Training in Skills”. University of Barcelona, 2010
- Doctor in Psychiatry Cum Laude. Universidad Autónoma of Barcelona, 2016
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) Trained Teacher. Bangor University, 2020
- Author of more than 20 research articles published in prestigious international journals, and of more than 70 papers and communications at national and international conferences.
- He currently works as a clinical psychologist at the Hospital del Mar, where he is responsible for the Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) program of the Institute of Neuropsychiatry and Addictions. He is an associate professor at the Faculty of Psychology at the Universidad Abat Oliba (UAO) and a clinical-teaching psychologist at the Support Clinic of the Faculty of Psychology at the Universidad Internacional of Catalunya (UIC).